Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just had to share...

Lots going on here at the old homestead, but with my short work week beginning tomorrow and a 4 day "weekend" looming, there should be some great hobby stuff to share in the next couple days.  I'm working hard on getting my Raptor Space Marine force painted so they can make their online debut.

 In the meantime, with the Grey knight codex looming on the weekend, I dusted off my Inquisition army to see what metal grey knights I had available.  I'll be picking up my codex this weekend.  I've been waiting for this one because along with the Space Wolves, the Grey Knights were always a favorite. 

Here's the illustration that got me hooked on Warhammer 40,000.

My impending Space Wolf army will have this camoflage thing going on.  This was the drawing that caught my eye and imagination and led to 20 years of hobby goodness.  Another illustration that caught my eye (as well as their backstory)
A bit different from the standard "shiny silver" scheme in the new book and likely to be the one my force will have, along with some purple and white heraldry, which fits with my loyalist "crusade army"

One more thing to share. The Dreadknight.  Right after I exclaimed "Good god! Godzilla and Megatron had a baby!"  I said.... "I MUST loot one of those for my Ork army."    Of course, I wasn't the only one with that idea.... 
http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=48846
Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment