Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Venerators of Osiron

I've been out of action for the better part of a week thanks to a mix of wonky blood chemistry/ blood pressure, but what little hobby related stuff I have done has been aimed in two directions.
1: A possible modern version of the Venerable FOAD squad. I've settled on a sternguard squad as their possible update.
2: Background and Egyptian like themes for the Venerators of Osiron.  I plan on posting more of my thoughts on this in better detail (i.e. once I can cohesively put them together), but there is a story in Egyptian mythology about a lion god/goddess being used as the instrument of Ra's wrath upon humanity. So I'm working on a similar background based around the emperor,sanguinius and this brotherhood of warriors being their wrath incarnate.  So the lion as a symbol of divine vengence, plus work in some egyptian/ancient near eastern imagery,heiroglyphics,etc.  I took the big leap and ordered this little wonder from the UK to get things started.
I'm hoping to make wednesdays my "hobby day" or at least "hobby night" so with any luck I should have, at least , weekly updates.  I'll likely post some more pics later tonight....in the wee hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment