Friday, October 28, 2011

Raptors: Big update

Here's what I've been up to in between life's obstacles.  
First off we have new additions to the Dreadnaught stable. Venerable Brother Stalwart in all of his Plasma wielding glory is in the process of being painted and suitablly weathered.
Then on to Revered Brother Orkin, seen here with his signature "Critter Ridder" arm. Kills bugs dead...at least the little ones, the eagle headed seismic hammer is there for the bigger ones.
Then... from the depths of history (and the bitz box) comes Revered Brother Not-Yet-Named, who is an oldy but a goody. I'm still not 100% sure how he will be kitted out. I do have about a half dozen extra dreadnaught arms, but the metal dreads have bigger arm fixtures. Also, somewhere..... there are the original arms to this old Furioso, so he may end up as my second ironclad.  I like the thought of him being a close combat dread, not only because he weighs a ton, but he's a little shorter than the other lads so he's got something to prove. Those little guys always do.

Next..... we have some Painting in Progress on the objectives which are about 90% done.

And.... to use all of these dreadnaughts, I'll need a Master of the Forge. I've magnetized the multi armed backpack, but something tells me it'll take more than that 1 1/8 magnet to keep it in place once the arms are on, but I figure it'll make painting and general storage to have the backpack removable. So...a work in progress on him.

And finally.... a bit of a tease on the Captain Shrike conversion I have underway.  The jump pack....

Cheers, ya'll!

2 comments: