Friday, November 25, 2011

Coming Attractions....

I have a thing for getting sick on holidays and weekends. Whenever you normally can't see a doctor, that's usually when I'll need one.  So, Grandfather Nurgle has smiled upon me with a glorious virus with the works, which has slowed my holiday week painting/modelling schedule down quite a bit.  But..... here's what's in the works and I should have pics up this weekend sometime... with bullets.
  • Dreadnaughts x3 to finish. The two ironclads are base coated, so its just a matter of finishing the olive scheme and then 'dirtying' it up.  
  • The Necron squad, with a couple bases of scarabs has most of the base colors on, then its on to patina and details. These guys are not a big priority, so they won't be done soon. I did get a Command Barge/Annihilation barge that is on the build list.
  • I spent some time with Army Builder, the Imperial Guard Codex and my stash of minis. I was toying with making two armies, since I have enough guys, but I'm just going to go with one. Dedicated to Grandfather Nurgle, so traitor guard are likely the next project along with/after the Raptors.
  • As soon as I'm feeling better, I'm going to get going on my Capt. Shrike conversion. I'm also doing a bit of inventory on my available marine minis to see what else I want to paint olive green.
  • The next decision will be, what to do with the rest of my marines. I'm still leaning towards doing a small Space Wolf force since they were my first 40k army, but the thought of doing a home grown army is there as well. Especially with all of the background thought I've done with the Venerators of Osiron, which will likely turn into something a bit more knightly, but still obsessed with death. Its a ways away yet.
  • Of course, there is the Inquistor/Grey Knight army to finish. I think I'll be using the sisters I have as Inquisitorial Henchmen. there are a couple of purchases that need to be made to make an army, so its not a big priority, but it might be a good project to paint on as a break from olive green and rusty,icky chaos stuff.
  • Lest we forget, my pirate/redneck Ork army. Lots to build and paint there too, but the Raptors and IG are priority.
  • I've begun writing comic strips and working on character development for a web based comic. Stay tuned.
  • AND last but not least, with all of the rumors circulation about this summer's Chaos Codex, I've been yearning to get out my half painted Nurgle army and finish it up.
Basically, I've got plenty to keep me busy and lots to post coming up. Thanks for all of the views and comments so far, hopefully there will be lots of cool stuff in the year ahead for you all to enjoy.

Cheers, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment