Thursday, November 17, 2011

Something oxidized this way comes....

Its been said around the interwebs that Necrons are easy to paint. You could take the easy way out with a quick spray of silver or two.. but what fun is that? I cobbled together a few Warriors from a box I bought years ago for parts. The one thing I was short on was heads, which had would up on bases or as trophies somewhere along the way, so I have 9 complete guys out of a possible 12. I would have had 10, but there is some wierd interdimensional rift around my hobby desk which seems to eat any part I drop on the floor.

Here's the first of my terracotta/bronze, patina covered crusty old Necrons...
Cheers Ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Looks very crusty! Looks like a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you went extreme rusty here!

    I said this on another blog and it applies here as well.... I always have a love/Hate relationship with Rusty crons. Love them cause they always look cool.

    But I hate them cause logically they don't make sense to me... Like why would a person trade in their body for one that rusts? and even if it did Rust... they have a ALOT of time on their hands. Enough time for a brillo pad and some rust remover...

    But seriously, looks great and I like what you did with the green gauss crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean #5. My 'grand plan" is to make the warrior bodies the worst. The warriors are the normal folks transfered (whether they liked it or not), so I figure they are the 'cattle' to the overlords. So, the more important the necron, the more polished his armor will be. But.... a little patina never hurt anyone, look at Lady Liberty.

    ReplyDelete