Wednesday, April 11, 2012

507th Volheim Update: 2 tanks done.

The Stug/Medusa and the first Devil Dog are done.

I guess I was inspired by my new paints and a bout of insomnia. I changed the decals on the Devil Dog to be more inline with the Stug. So here is Tank#1 of the 2nd Platoon, 1st Company. (121)

AND here is the #3 tank of the 1st platoon, 1st Support Company.
Its a bit more heavily weathered than the Devil Dog, partly because I was trying out the new texture paints. But, I've very happy with both of them.  Now I have to think about building some more tanks. I figure I should keep going with the vehicles, so they all have the same feel. So I have to convert another Devil Dog and then move to the Sentinals.  The 507th is all Chimera hull based (except Sentinals), so any Leman Russ support will come from another unit. My overall Imperial army idea/theme is for a relief force sent to rescue a shrine world from Orks, so its a mix of whatever units were available in the area with a heavy Church presence.  Lots of fun to be had with all that.  Anyways, that's all for now.

Cheers, Ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Most of the paints I like, the layers seem thicker and the ones that had opaque issues like yellow was resolved somewhat. The drys are interesting (which is what most of my work has been on), looking forward to trying out the technical glaze medium.

    ReplyDelete