Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Templars of DOOooom! Something nurgly

The grand repainting of the chaos army has begun. I have 27 "plague marines", which are basically converted nurgly marines. These guys will likely be the rank and file, so they are getting the 'downgrade' to regular chaos marines with the Nurgle Icon. Because.... well.... I like dead things. Everybody started off dark brown, then I did the rust, then the green, which was washed darker. Here's the 'finished' test marine.
Likely to be some detailing, yet, but he's the painting guide for the rest. I've got 10 on the table at the moment. I've also realized I need to do some icon bearers, which will actually be icon backpack bearers. I'm figuring the power of the icon should do some mutating, so they will be fun conversions. Otherwise, I've only had to add a couple heavy weapons guys to make the marine contingent viable.  They should be done just about the time the new codex comes out and makes me reorganize them.

Here's the first of the powerfist wielding champions. because, who doesn't like a powerfist? He's still very much painting in progress.
After my last game (vs. tyranids), I decided I needed dice for this army, since using the ones that had worked so well for my loyalist Raptors did NOT work out so well for my nurgly guys.  So here, we have the Plague Bunny (Still pip) sitting atop my ancient Chessex Chaos pin, blessing the new dice with chaosy goodness. All the 6 sides are facing up to absorb the taint. But seriously.... I'm not superstitious at all.
Now.... I just have to fight the urge to buy any of the new flyers and save my hobby $$ for the 6th Edition rollout. THAT.... is no where near as easy as it sounds.

Cheers, ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing Plague Marines. I want to get mine done! Hah! I have those same dice bought for my Nurgle army also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they work. the last game I played, I had two marines kill themselves with their own plasma guns and my deamon prince "perils of the warped" himself out of his last wound. Not to mention some piss poor shooting on the part of most everything but my defilers.... and they couldn't wound. Tzeentch must have been tickling my dice when I wasn't looking.

    ReplyDelete