Monday, October 1, 2012

Templars of DOOooom! :Stompy

More progress on everyone's favorite psychopath, Stompy the Hellbrute.

Here's a shot from slightly above.....

He's pretty darned close to done. Still have to do the Multi-melta barrels and the base. And I'm certain to find a few tiny details I'll be compelled to paint that no one will see. The one thing I've learned about this "snap together" Hellbrute while painting it, is that after the appropriate filling of a few small gaps and trimming of mold lines, this is one very detailed sculpt. I added some green stuff and sand here and there, as well as some putty to rough up the plates, but this really is a fantastic model. Being a "Rogue-Trader  era veteran" of the Warhammer 40k hobby, the level of detail on the modern models is just flabbergasting sometimes. It makes is a bit easier, for me at least, to justify the ever increasing price tags. Of course some may complain (and rightly so from some of the horror stories I've heard) about some of the resin kits, but the quality of the plastic kits has just gotten outstanding.

Here's an all around shot of the Stompmeister...

Pretty pleased with him at this point. Like I said, still some piddly detailing and the base to finish. I can't decide if the feet are done yet, but I'll 'clean my eyeballs' and look at it tomorrow after I get done being violated by my cute female doctor....er,uhm...I mean done with my physical. A word to the young, it does suck getting old, don't let anyone tell you any different. And fight getting older for all its worth. ;)

 On Wednesday, I'm hoping to have a "farewell to the old codex" game, which will likely be Stompy's baptism of fire, since its going to be around 2000 points of general mayhem, which will pretty much be all of the Templars of DOOooom as they stand. I may even have to break out some plaguebearers to fill in, but we'll see how the math plays out. Epic battle report, hopefully with pictures of my unfinished army being eaten alive by Tyranids. Hope the bastards get indigestion.

Cheers ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. A sweet looking model, I just hope they are more playable now in the Chaos codex, it appears they are, but also curious if they are Elite or Heavy, heavy they are going to have too many other things to compete with. I think the one with the twin reaper autocannons is going to be sweet!

    ReplyDelete