Friday, November 2, 2012

More Stinking Traitors....

The Templars of DOOooom and their cultist/traitor auxilliaries are largely worshippers of Nurgle, with some Khorne thrown in... for uh.... extra fiber. But really, how can you have a Chaos force, especially one that is tongue-in-cheek, without having some frothing at the mouth nutters that just want to hack stuff up? Since I have that theme going in the Chaos Marine force, I figured I should carry it on in the Traitor Guard as well. And who better to be a purple faced raging jerk than a Commisar? SO..... here's my Commisar Yarrick stand-in ..

Also started work on the creepy little cultist infantry guys. These guys will have creeps as weapon mules for their heavy weapon teams. That should be all kinds of fun to convert.  As you can see, they are a bit.. short...
Hopefully, I'll never play anyone that gives me crap about their height. I hate that kind of douchebaggery. I think I may model some of them on debris or stuff so they have a mix, just to be nice.

One last, quick conversion. I've been trying to think of what to do with my Dark Vengeance Chaos Lord. The thing that kept coming to mind was sorceror. So here's my quick and dirty conversion. Otherwise, the model is so friggin' cool I really did not see a reason to do much else to him...other than paint him.


That's all for now. Hope to get my grubby little hands on some of the cool new Chaos Fantasy minis this weekend, specifically the Leechlord guy.

Cheer's ya'll!

6 comments:

  1. Love love love that hand switch! Why didn't I think of that????

    Commissar is pretty farn spiffy too. Good creative efforts sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great stuff! I think you are getting better and better each day! Personally the height isn't too bad, they are mutant cultists after all...I have some of those heads...perhaps I should take a page from your book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Likely to post more tomorrow, since I plan on hiding in my art room from the election coverage..... after I vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. Checked your work at B&C and decided to visit here. Love the commissar. Where are the bits from? Especially the head looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a Khorne champion from Warhammer Fantasy.... http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440108a&prodId=prod1160055a

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Keep up with this lovely work. I will be following your progress

    ReplyDelete