Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lessons learned,a comic and shameless self promotion..

There's an old quote about "The best laid plans seldom survive contact with the enemy." This week the enemy was my own better judgement. I got my Grumman F3F in the mail (having acquired the GW Ork bomba kit earlier in the week) and immediately realized that it would be too small for my intended purpose.  I had bought a Polikarpov I-16 a few years ago for the same purpose and didn't learn the lesson then either.
The only good excuse I have is that I've had 7 concussions and sometimes things slip by. 

To make the best out of a less-than-perfect situation, I'm going to make some sort of Orky thing out of them and call them Deffcoptas.  I'm still hellbent (even moreso now) to build a jet biplane attack plane, its just going to require a bit more careful pick of kit on my part.... and another purchase, likely a bigger one, since I'll need to go to 1/32 scale at the least.  In the meantime, I still have a Dakkajet to build.

I've got some other hobby related progress, but not much to share picture wise, so keep an eye open for a post around Sunday night. I'm building two traitor guard Sentinals, and getting a small scrap looting allied Rednekk Orky force together so I'll be able to use the Dakka Jet with the Templars of DOOooom or the other traitors.  A few other odd things in the works.  I also acquired the Dark Angels Codex so I'm trying to stick to my vow of working on "One army at a time"(including their allies) and not dust off the Apostles of Quetza.  But..... who knows.

AT ANY RATE.... I got the first of my comics up HERE . Its not 40k related, but its fun.  I should have WARZONE: CRIXUS up here this coming week. the plan is to alternate with a comic each week, between the two. ALSO.... if you are on FACEBOOK, feel free to stop by and 'like' MY PAGE which will have a mix of hobby,art and general foolishness on it. I just started it so please excuse its present state, its still 'work in progress'

That's all for now, should have some hobby pics and maybe some artwork up around Sunday, so keep a weather eye.

Cheers ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Yea, it is always hard to buy outside kits to match up scale, even if they look right they may be too large or small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its WAY too small, though technically close to the right scale. It was just a really small plane. I should have done a bit more research before my impulse buy. But, after looking at it again last night, I think I'm probably going to build it as a regular scale model, since I always liked the plane... it doesn't take up much space and it'll be a nice distraction from 40k..... whenever I get to it. In the meantime, after much research, I'm thinking I may just get a second Ork Bomba kit and make a biplane out that and the spare parts from this one. It'll keep the asthetic and look seriously cobbed together, which is always good. I'd have rather spent the $26 elsewhere thats the part that bugs me the most. Well....that and anticipating how cool it would look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring back the Apostles of Quetza!

    ReplyDelete