Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Winds of Chaos and Real Life

Isn't it irritating when the real world interrupts your hobby time? I mean, seriously! The nerve!  Well, due to a series of fortunate and unfortunate events, none of which allowed for time at my hobby desk I will be in for a solid scolding from the Commisars at Boot Camp for missing my hobby vow for May. Unless I can figure out how to stop time in the next few hours... that is.

Here are the remaining Cultists/Penal troops in their varied states of completion. I haven't had a chance to touch the tanks since my last post.
The upside is I can do a couple mini tutorials that some of the guys around the web have asked for on how I've gotten some of the 'realism' with a could easy applications of washes on these guys. I'm still planning to get them done in the next couple weeks before the school year ends and my wife is off for the summer... and the "Honey-Do" list grows. Hopefully, next school year will bring a job change for yours truely, as I'm hoping to get back into the classroom again myself and get paint all over me with the rugrats, if possible...even if its only part time. Which would be better than what I'm doing now.

Either way, we'll forge ahead on the Sons of DOOooom and their allies.... and who knows what else. I'm itching to build something that flies once these tanks are done. That much is certain. I'll do my best to get an update in around the weekend.

Cheers Ya'll!


2 comments:

  1. How rude of things to cease your hobby efforts! I've been busy off and on trying to get ready for a road trip and tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! This brown and green just the one that i've been looking for..
    Could you please tell me how you've actuly managed to pait it?

    ReplyDelete