Sunday, August 18, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again....

Finally! Praise the Dark Gods! I'm back at my hobby stuff. Well, sort of. My hobby room has looked like a rummage sale that has been hit by a car bomb, so I have been hard at work. Fairly reorganized, at least to the point where work can begin again, its time to get the ball rolling. And if you have heard of Games Workshop's emminent release schedule, there is no time like the present.

One of the big problems I've had is vehicle storage, during painting/building and afterwards. So, I've created the vehicle park.... which is just full of all sorts of Chaos. It also illustrates how good my vehicle camo works too, which is pretty cool. :)

The sad part is that the only finished models are the Romanian Me-109 and Stompy the Hellbrute. And if you are wondering... I went to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania during my vacation and captured that rebel flag from a very tasty hamburger at a pub in town. (FWIW- The battlefield and museum are just an awe inspiring and haunting place for anyone interested in history- highly recommendable)

After the vacation, remodling and medical hijinks I've been taking stock of the hobby projects and my paints. I painted my first Space Marine in 1992 with craft paints from the local drug store, now I find myself coming full circle. Admittedly, craft paints are better than they were then. I've been using them for basing ans scenery and after looking at the state of some of my basic colors after my hobby break this summer I hit the local craft store today for basing paints, basic undercoating colors and universal drybrushing colors (bleached bone- for me)

At $1.19 a color, compared to the GW paints which don't last as long, it makes sense for painting things like bases, buildings, defense walls, mud on vehicles,etc. Give it a try.... but don't go for the $ .69 stuff, get something decent.  So what's on my plate?  Hey, glad you asked......... drummmmmmmmmroll......

COMING ATTRACTIONS!

THE TEMPLARS OF DOOooom!:
     Much to still do with the lads.  I've started a basic inventory of troops and the status of models. So, finishing up the units that will actually get used will be priority one and any new builds. Then on to any other madness.  Of course, this spreads out into the Traitor Guards army and the Deamon allies. Its a BIG Project...that will pretty much never end.

RAPTORS 2.0
     Those evil bastar... er, I mean... wonderful bloaks at Games Workshop have decided to release the next few codexes just to make sure I can never have a fully painted army. Space Marines are next, then Tyranids (yes...yes.... I'm going to be giving in to the call from the Hive Mind again.... you never truely can leave the Hive, ya know), then Guard,Orks and Space Wolves.  I'm going to have to make more money..its just that simple.  Seeing this, I'll be getting the boys in olive green out and tweeking them. Finishing up a few units I wanted to finish and I'm sure I'll add a few models once I see the new book. Assuming the rumors of the Landspeeder transport for scouts are true I can garauntee 1-2 of them without a doubt, even if my guys can't shoot for shit.

HIVE FLEET BLUE CRAB
     It has to happen. It just does.

Da REDNEKKZ
     My Orks need some love. (Icky.)  If nothing else I want to get an allied size force painted ....oh, and I have 2 Fighta Bomba kits. :)

Da CRONZ
     The Necron allied force I have for my Orks and Chaos army, still int eh boxes as yet unnamed, but likely as incompetent as the rest.  

UNNAMED SPACE MARINE CHAPTER
     I'll spring this one on you later. (Evil grin) I've been wanting to do a "showcase army" for years and I think I'm ready to start one. This one will be heavily converted. It will likely use the Space Wolves Codex, but not necessarily (or might be designed to use either)

Loads to come. The goal is to get back to a twice a week posting schedule or so, but it'll likely be slower at first. Lots to do, lots to do. The above is only about a third of it. Oi.

Cheer, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment