Tuesday, September 3, 2013

And along comes a spider.....

.... or a spider like thing...and I put jet engines on it!

Honestly, I have nothing against the Helldrake model. If/when I get one Ms. Blinky will have a sister. Yeah, I HAVE to do one with ONE big eye.... but in the meantime, I'm going to mechanize a damned big spider. (Yes, yes.... I owe you  folks (and MsBlinky) an eye. Airbrush issues and ridiculous humidity have got me sidetracked on other projects, but fear not. It will happen soon, even if I get pissed and paint it free hand.)
Back to the flying bug. The humble beginning....

The engines from a Stormtalon with inverted nozzels, which I figure can swivel a bit. The basic body of the Arachnorok Spider, chopped in half. I figured out the right 'attitude' I want in the body and went after it with the dremel. Believe it or not, I even wore my safety glasses.  With the body parts pinned together, the sculpting, gross-ifying and chaos-ifying begins.


After that basic fit, I figured I want more of a wasp/mosquito kind of body attitude to the critter. So, with some clipping, dry fitting and a LOT more putty, we end up here....

With the MAGIC of photo editing, Here's a mock-up of the eventual critter's lay out.....

The central body will be highly mechanized and I'll be adding pipes, hoses and wires to the engine supports. Plus I'll be chaos-ifying the engine nacelles a bit, to make them a little less Storm Talon-y. More legs, gribbly bits and more gross stuff to come. But for now, I'll be letting the green stuff sit overnight, at least.

Cheers, Ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Still trying to noodle out what to put in that big gap behind the head, but I'm thinking there might be a tortured soul of two inside of the mechanized thorax. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete