Thursday, November 7, 2013

Something Icky this way comes....

The first entry for my month of troops are these lovely fellows who have been sitting around my hobby room, primed in British Armor Brown for some time now.

They were given a healthy wash of The Army Painter Quickshade Strong Tone. I love these inks, just great stuff. If you haven't had the chance to try them out, do it. Worth every penny. Now that my shadows and basic colors were laid in, I attacked these guys with a larger drybrush and some of GW's dry compound. I like this stuff, but my first batch dries up on me. So I bought 1 bottle, instead of the "Oooo that color looks nice too, I'll pick up that one and that one and that one"- which is my usual way of buying paint. Regrettably. I figured if I have a color I'll actually use a LOT of in a short period of time it would be worth buying again. So, I bought a bottle of Underhive Ash- which is sufficiently Nurgly- and hit these guys with it.


They looked pretty good at that point... but, I had to hit them with "old reliable" Athonian Camoshade, because.... well, I use it on everything. Like peanut butter.  All that's left now is some high lighting and detailing of guts and such. That's for next time.

I slapped something Slaaneshi together too. (Hrrmmmm....that doesn't sound right) Meet Master Blaster Blastmaster. He runs Bartertown. And looks FAaaaabulous doing it. ;)


That's all for now. I'm hoping the coming week won't have thing like the flu and a new dog the size of a pony to get in the way of me posting more frequently.

Cheers Ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I have been dabbling with Army Painter stuff and really liking the results of their stuff like the inks and paints...between them Vallejio (air and regular), Badget Airbrush, Foundry paints and other paint lines, I am just about done totally buying anything GW anymore.

    ReplyDelete