Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Stealth Scouts and Rusty Cleavers

I, like many long time hobbyists, have a collections of marines in various states of construction. In my case, I have a case full of guys that spent time in the paint stripper and are in pieces. Among these guys were some scouts I had basically forgotten about. These guys were so good, they had been hiding in plain sight.  Originally, I had built them quickly (which I hate-Hate-HATE to do) for a game quite a while back and gave them a quick(bad) prime. I spent some time scraping off the mold lines, drilling out gun barrels and doing some clean up. I then converted one of the bolters into a combi-weapon for the Sergeant and BAM! I have a new scout team. 


They might get a bit of a priming touch up (well, the missile launcher guy definitely will), but then its on to paint. Full camo for these guys. Toying with the idea of doing some camo- leaves and what not. It could happen. Hrmmmmmm.......

ON TO THE PLAGUEBEARERS.......
After looking at the new codex, I needed a 'champion' and a 'musician', so I did a quick conversion on a couple guys. 
I liked the texture on the cleaver so much that I put it on all of the blades in the unit. It should paint up nice. Hope to finish these guys up this weekend, if I don't get distracted by the scouts. That's it for now.

Cheers Ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Just found this ! How had I missed it ? Angry Magpies ?!?!? Inspired. And Sir Neville Jocksie baggybottom is very nicely done. Loving the super big eye thingy and stretched Stormdoodad. Marvelous stuff, but I'm supposed to be working...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. :) I DO try to have fun with the hobby. Too many people taking wargaming (especially 40k) WAaaaaaaay too seriously these day, especially on the interwebs. Have to have a fun place to escape to.

    ReplyDelete