Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Rats!!! And other gribblyness.

I built a Vindicator a few years back and tried a sand and glue technique for rusting effects. Since Daemonic Possession is something I'd likely use, I figure since my sculpting has improved quite a bit since I built this guy, I'd give him an upgrade to fit in with the asthetic of the rest of the army.



I'm loving my tentacle maker from Green Stuff Industries . If you do any sculpting, its worth every penny.   I also did some work on "Typhus"  Since most of my zombies are going to be converted Skaven, I came up with this character, Rhett Bastid.  He's got an unhealthy relationship with rats. So much so that Grandaddy Nurgle decided to give him some "gifts" to make him a bit more like his disease carrying furry friends. There's still some more work to do, but this is Step 1 of his face, based on half of an old Warhammer fantasy Chaos Warrior mutant head.


And, of course, he'd need a tail......


I'm going to cover the base of the tail with cloth or skin or whatever that is around his waist.  Still more detail work to be done. I went to the store and got some of those 2.5x "reading" glasses for sculpting...we'll see how those help with the close up details, since my magnifying lamp and tools don't like to play well together.

That's all for now. Cheers ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Utterly fantastic and gross at the same time. I love the rust on the Nidicator too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love visiting your blog and seeing all these wonderful green stuff creations. You are definitely inspiring me to look into green stuff as a way to accentuate models. Watch you end up converting me into a chaos player just by constant awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give it a whirl, Greg. The only way to get good at it is to start and just keep experimenting.

    ReplyDelete