Thursday, September 4, 2014

Stormin' Boyz and Nasty Things.

The first five of Mista Ozprey's boyz are DONE! Looky here!


Eventually, I'll have to get at least 10 more. Of course, I've shot myself in the foot by painting them nicely. Its going to take a Looooooooong time to paint a hundred Orks like this is I don't temper myself to painting them simpler. Here's a close up on the last three I did....


The next batch is my plastic plaguebearers. I forget where I read on the interwebs of folks complaining about how these guys don't have as much character as the old ones. Honestly, I LOVE this kit. Maybe its just folks with no conversion skills (or desire to convert) but, there's so much that can be done. I was only tinking of a very small deamon contingent for my Chaos Army, but I may collect enough to have a playable deamon army. Nurgly, of course... maybe with some Khorne. Of course, I'd actually have to play the game. I tried to get in a game the last two weeks and the real world keeps throwing me curve balls. pesky real world, getting in the way of my hobby.

I figured I'd take the new batch a different direction than the old metal ones I painted. I primed them with GW Bleached Bone spray. Then, I washed them with Army Painter Quickshade: Strong Tone.  Once that was dry, I hit them with my trusty old GW Althonian Camoshade. (Steps 1-3, right to left)


Next, will be to work on the skin and details. But, that's for next time.

Cheers, Ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Stormboyz look great! Painting entire mobs at this quality level is going to definitely be trying. Definitely take breaks between batches!

    ReplyDelete