I did a 50/50 mix of each acrylic with the crackle medium and applied it to based. A light coat on the left, getting progressively thicker as you go right. I also added a little fine sand to the model paste/crackle mix.
Then I let it dry overnight. I applied a light brown wash so you can see the results, which were far from impressive. But the model paste did crackle better...
THEN.... I got my grubby little mitts on THIS STUFF!
Doing the same thing on 4 bases, a light smear on the left to about a 1/8"+ thickness on the last one. After only about 6 hours of drying, you can see the results are just pretty damned awesome.
In other news, I picked up the new Marine Codex, finally. The one painted army I have (my Raptors Marine army) might be getting a few more guys so I can make the Demi-Company Formation... if I ever were to play. Its a pretty book. I'm glad I had a $10 off coupon though.
More Tropico and other madness in the next post.