Tuesday, February 23, 2016

From the Workbench: Feathers and something icky.

I got some sculpting and construction time in.  First, the progress on the Meso-American creep.


These are the first (and largest) layer of feathers. I also laid in some fur. More feathers and the headress to come, as well as some skull fetishes.

Since its always good to have a couple sculpting projects going at once, so you can let things dry, I also finished up the Sergeant for my Apostles of Quetza Terminator squad.


Lots of jaguar fur to paint on this guy. Also did the Quetza snake head.  I might add a couple things when I look at him again, but mostly he's ready for priming.

Also, did this Tactical Sergeant while waiting for green stuff to dry. 


AND.. since I ALWAYS mix too much greenstuff, instead of making cables and such, I began work on another Terminator.... for the Templars of DOOoooom.


Still quite a bit to do on this guy, but its a start on the hunchback/hive thing.

That's it for now.

Cheers ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Your sculpting is really great, I love the Jaguar pelt and the back of the Chaos guy is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man! I was pretty pleased the way the pelt came out too. Especially since I had just wasted about an hour trying to sculpt a jaguar skull there. :) I'm actually getting itchy to paint them. But, I promised myself with this project I'd get at least half the demi-company built before I got sucked into the realm of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god I wish I had the time to learn how to sculpt like this wow.

    ReplyDelete