Monday, February 29, 2016

Just when I was trying to get out..... they pull me right back in.

It may be no suprise tho any of you that I've always liked the stories of corruption in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The frailty of the human spirit. The idea that ambition or desperation could lead to otherwise sane people to pledge themselves to something as insidious as the forces of Chaos.  What you may not know, is I've always absolutely adored the idea of the genestealer cults too.  I've toyed with the ideas of conversions, even bought miniatures (which remain unbuilt) for possible projects.  Now, I'm at a point where I'm doing my best to only build the models I have - because I have WAY too many.  Then Games Workshop pulls this Deathwatch game..... with friggin awesome minis. Damn you......


And this little nugget dropped too.  I have a small Tyranid force that has been on hold.  This may screw that all up.  Besides.... imagine the conversion possibilities!! Nothing says you couldn't convert non tyranid minis to stand in for tyranids. 


If (when) I aquire the rules and minis, this project WILL happen.  Just as I'm trying to wind my hobby purchasing down, this happens.  I think GW is in cahoots with Sid Meiers (I'm a Civilization addict) to keep me spending money. I guess its better than spending my money on strippers and drugs. Or at least thats the excuse I use with the wife. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment