Tuesday, June 21, 2016

ETL V: From the Workbench - Razorback team.

All of the marines have their base two colors on them. Now I'm working on getting the Razorback Tactical squad done, hopefully this week.  I'm actually in detail and touch up mode with these guys, though I still have to do a chest eagle and half helm on a couple of them.   Now its all the fiddly bits - purity seals, belt buckles, armor weathering.  But, in the mean time,  here they are -in progress


Not the best picture, but I just snapped it off the bench as a WIP picture, then found myself done for the night.

Razor-sarge, also in progress.  The colors are a little "green", but its more because of lighting and not wanting to play with them in the photo editor. Overall, everyone is coming along nicely.  If they are done by the weekend, my next project is a little construction project of 8-9 Aztec-y weapons for the assault team, then on to painting them. Though I may to a "Mass backpack" painting event, just to get them out of the way before I do the other 20 marines I need to finish by the Ides of August.  So far, pretty much on track for actually completing the vow.  If the irritation in my eyes is allergies and not pink eye, I should be good to go. Grandfather Nurgle is mad that I'm spending 2 months painting loyalists. ;)

In other news, I did an inventory of Imperial Guard parts/models,etc and I won't be able to do the whole Tropican force I planned...... with what I have.  I'm going to move ahead with the Stormtroopers (plan to prime then within the week or so) And I'll build the command squad for El Presidente, then look at available funds.  I'm seriously considering ordering a couple squads of Victoria Minis Arcadian Guard as well as 2 of THESE to put on Tarox.  I DO have a Chimera, which will either join my Nurgley Guard as a transport or be mixed with a T-34 for the Tropican army. I haven't decided yet.  Most of this won't likely get going until fall. I also have 2 Valkyries to build. Plenty of time to make decisions and see where funds fall. So much for not spending more money on miniatures.

Cheers Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment