I did some more base color painting on the lads. Since I really wanted to see how the shoulder plate would look, I decided to finish my test marine. And here he is, sans some static grass and leaves on his base.
Part of me is toying with the idea of freehanding some jade feather designs on the shoulder plate.... and the other part of me wants to actually finish the ETL on time this year. But, It might be an addition down the road. I goofed around with some designs on the terracotta- little Aztec-like glyphs, but it just looked too busy. But I'm pleased with the weathering. I also streamlines the Terracotta AND jade techniques when I did the backpack, so that bodes well for the gang all having the same look. More to come around the weekend.