Sunday, July 24, 2016

Checking in at 80,000 views.

Hey gang, I know you come here for modelling goodness and I apologize for the lack there of. I'm hoping to get some hobby time in the next couple days (my "weekend" starts today) So pictures soon.  I have figured that finishing my ETL V vow is impossible between work related stuff and some personal stuff I'm about to vomit on the page... so you have been forewarned.

On a personal note (and I normally try not to bore ya'll with this stuff) its been a rough week or so here at Casa d'Rednekk. One of the things that really sucks about getting older is doctors and their meddling.  I'd just as soon go see Ol'Doc Wingnutz, but with him you go in for a headache and come out with mechanical legs....so, I stick to the human ones. I like to say its not the age so much as the mileage and that has proven itself of late. I had a pretty fun, yet rough and tumble youth. I have a half dozen concussions to my credit ( but no broken bones)  Well, a couple of those concussions involved hits around my right eye orbit and apparently they left a mark.  I just found out I have nerve damage and possibly cataract in that eye. The downside (aside from eyedrops that feel like acid) is that its not going to get better, they might be able to slow it down.  The upside is... in lew of a bionic eye, I might finally get an eye patch some day.  If it happens a few more years down the road, I have already warned the Mrs. that I WILL be growing mutton chops.

SO, what does this mean for the hobby. Well... so much for the aforementioned "Kunnin' Plan".  I have previously laid out a list of all the cool things I want to do.  That list is being hacked.  It also means that as I clean, remodel and reorganize my art room (another reason I haven't got much done model wise- part of the summertime honey-do list) I will be parting with some of my models.  And my plan, before E-bay or other venues is to offer them up to you all for being my faithful visitors.  I'm absolutely going to keep plodding along, but I'll be keeping my Chaos and Ork armies, everything else will go.

What does that mean for the Apostles of Quetza? I'm going to finish painting the force. Add a Razorback, Drop pod and possibly a scout/speeder team.  The Raptors and Apostles will then be up for sale/adoption. I have a bunch of other kits and minis as well. Space Wolf infantry and the like.  So if you are in the market for such things keep an eye open.

In the meantime... I'm off to geek out over "Star Trek:Beyond" this morning.

That's all for now gang.  And I'd like to thank all of you for helping my humble, irregular hobby blog breach the 80,000 view mark. You ROCK!

3 comments:

  1. That's unfortunate news, hopefully you'll be able to stave it off and keep on hobbying for many years to come before the life of a pirate becomes your only option. I understand a little as my injury that flared up recently that originally stopped me doing Kendo and brought me back to gaming... Well it turns out it was just age related all along and I'm actually at no greater risk doing the sport than anyone else my age!

    So, although I've had a lot of fun gaming again and meeting new and old friends I have given up something that meant so much to me for no reason. The question is about going back...

    Still, congrats on the page views too and keep on keeping on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's unfortunate news, hopefully you'll be able to stave it off and keep on hobbying for many years to come before the life of a pirate becomes your only option. I understand a little as my injury that flared up recently that originally stopped me doing Kendo and brought me back to gaming... Well it turns out it was just age related all along and I'm actually at no greater risk doing the sport than anyone else my age!

    So, although I've had a lot of fun gaming again and meeting new and old friends I have given up something that meant so much to me for no reason. The question is about going back...

    Still, congrats on the page views too and keep on keeping on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, man. It won't stop me. I will just get thicker magnifying glasses. :) In keeping my Chaos and Ork forces, I probably have enough models to keep me going for 15 years without buying anything. Plus.... I love converting, especially these days since I don't really play. I figure I'll buy the rules for the next edition and maybe.... maybe get back to playing, but that'll depend on the climate at the LGS and how 6th unfolds.

    The other thing I'm in the process of doing/want to do is concentrate more on artwork. Which will definitely lead to a 49k comic for fun. Since I'm probably not going to flesh out my Crixus Relief Force of loyalists with models, they'll likely come in comic form....with the likes of the Angry Magpies, the Furious Fists and many other quirky Space marine chapters.

    ReplyDelete