Monday, August 22, 2016

EeeeYup! I'm BAAaaaack!!

August has officially entered the hall of "hell months" here at Casa D' Rednekk.  Between the new school year and all the little jobs that come with it and an addition of a new job to my own (and the hoops that need to be jumped through for that)..... its been FRIKKIN BUSY!  The next time I even think of doing a painting challenge that involves December or August I have to remember Ronnie's old motto "Just Say NO"

As for the Apostles of Quetza, I have had ZERO hobby time until ....well, basically tonight.  They stand where we last left them. I'll be picking away at painting those chaps as we move into the Fall.  In the meantime, I have acquired a couple 1/48 scale World War Two era fighter plane models from an old chum that found them in a dusty closet.  Not all of them are the best of kits, a couple are darned near as old as me... or at least their molds are.  But...... I have a gang of Ork Meks on hand that are FAR from picky. Hehehehehehehe.....

 I just LOVE World War 2 airplanes. I used to do the regional airshows as a young man and wasted many a roll of film (yeah.... it was that long ago) on pictures of wheel wells, wear patterns on the hand hold and any other model building geek things you could think of.  One of my favorites (and I have many) was always the rugged F6F Hellcat.  Well, I have an old Fujimi kit of said warbird that is going to get its Orky on!   And here's a sketch I threw together tonight with a mind to how I might convert her.

From this......

 

To THIS....



There will be all sorts of fit issues and I know I'll have to widen the fuselage to accomidate a 40k Ork pilot and Orkify the plane as a whole. It should be a real adventure..... and I invite you to join me for it.  

"W-hat's first. 'Boss?!"  you ask?  Getting this goofy, gun-happy bastard....


... and his cockpit built and figurin' how we're gonna fit it all together. That's what! That's for next time. Glad to be back!!!

CHEERS YA'LL!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I think that was one of the first model planes that I made, ultimately leading me to where I am today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it with an F4U corsair and I will love you forever. (F4U corsair is my favorite plane of WW2 and the best plane ever)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel an Orky airforce coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be an awesome project to follow! You clearly have a whole squadron to do with all the WWII planes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've started on it. I think this Hellcat kit is from the '70's. The plastic is SUPER brittle. So there will be alot of plasticard over the actual model. Going to start on the pilot tonight, so there could be an update tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete