Sunday, October 16, 2016

Out with the old kit, in with the new.

We survived the Hurricane with a little screen damage on the back deck, otherwise those of us inland were very,very lucky.

Now that that's all over its back to sneaking in some hobby time.  I spent a few hours on the hellcat. When I was done, I gauged the frustration and lack of progress against the time I spent and decided that old model was just too damned brittle to keep fooling with. But, while that particular model kit didn't cooperate much due to advanced age, I have a few more that the Orks will be happy to loot and fly!


 Greggles will be pleased to see the one in the lower right corner. And there is also this monster, which I'm sure I can make some sort of Mek plane out of.


Thank God I didn't get to go to the local IPMS show this last month or I'd probably have half a dozen more and an angry wife.  I DO have two dakka jet kits on top of this mess.  So, the end result will be a bit of an air armada.

I also picked up Killteam, the Genestealer Cult codex (which I absolutely love) and a Goliath truck.

On top of all this fun, I have had the chance to work on some artwork and will hopefully have a 40k comic up within the week.  First modelling priority will be Ork pilots and cockpits. The scale challenge (which I figured out by shattering that old Hellcat kit) is how the cockpit will work. SO, I've decided to build the basic cockpit "tub" and pilots first. While the Me110 will be a special one. I'll do the 3 single seaters first, so that will be the next post. A bit of scratch building 101 and making a standing ork sit.

Cheers Ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you survived the hurricane. Looks like we'll get it here as a dusting of snow or gentle rain three to four months later (that's what usually happens).
    Hope your 65lb furniture tester is Ok.
    Love the idea of using IRL kits for 40k. Especially looking forward to the ME110.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Me110 will be an interesting one. I might have to buy a new Dakkajet kit to get all the mekboy bitz. I'm going to try to build the 3 fighters at relatively the same time. Should be lots of fun to just build and ad lib as I go along. One of the reasons I love Orks.

    ReplyDelete