Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Recharged and painting gross things

Work,work,work. I did manage to get out and get some me (or rather me and the wife) time yesterday on the water. Couldn't find any big ones, but the day was near perfect weather wise  and the little guys kept us busy.  My wife (a kindergarten teacher)wears a fitbit and commented on how relaxed her heart beat was.  A boat on the water and good company is hard to beat, for me at least, when it comes to recharging the batteries. 


At the hobby desk, the plaguebearers are all base colored and washed, the filthy little buggers.


As for their leader, now known as Two-Toed Ted, he's done.  Well, he needs some static grass on the base, but I'll do all the lads together for that.  I wanted to bring in the scheme I had used on my unit of older metal Plaguies, plus the rust/green scheme in the overall Chaos army, so he's got some funky bright green magicy kind of stuff going on. Its neat to compare them to the older models.


I was pretty pleased with the way his head turned out.


And an all around ....


9 more to go. I also have to figure out how I'm going to work the green + rust scheme into a band of Noise Marines next. That should be .... interesting.

Cheers Ya'll.

4 comments:

  1. The test of a good plaguebearer is that someone else hesitates to touch them or pick them up.

    Yours look gribbly enough. Yuk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking I might put a little gloss on some of the grosser parts so they stand out, but otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with him. I love that kit, I just have to fight the urge to get another box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! ...Well, disgusting but that's what they oughtta be - Awesome work, man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sharp green highlights on the top!

    In case I didn't mention, link yer blog back up!

    natfka@live.com

    ReplyDelete