Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Plague Marches on...

Back to our intrepid plaguebearers.  The lads all have some paint on them. I was sneaking in and doing a bit of brushing here and there over the last week or so, but finally got a few hours to sit and not be bothered last night. When I sat down at the desk I realized I kind of had a step-by-step of sorts sitting in front of me.

From left to right you have the steps I've gone trough so far. On the left is the base color drybrush over the previous steps. Then I work in a 50/50 mix of GW Ogryn Camo and Elf Flesh, maybe some Bleached Bone to lighten it in places. The next thing is a watery glaze in the shadowy areas of GW Gryphon Sepia, picking out the pustules with non-watered down stuff. Then I mix the GW Blood of the Blood God Technical with Druchi Purple and pick out all the icky parts and pimples to get that inflamed, bruised loot.



 Much to my horror and in massive contradiction to my model building sensibilities, I noticed a few things most people wouldn't care about (and I've seen many times int he pages of GW published materials)... like that abdominal seam on #4 (far right) above. This knocks my "street cred" back a bit when I bitch about things like seam lines and the like I see in the books, etc. I know... Its not a big deal. But, its the little things sometimes.

Next step is the trusty GW Althonian Camoshade to deepen recesses, shadows and even the bruising around the pustules. And here they stand.....


What is left is detailing. Pustules, swords, eyes, nurglings (which will be brighter green) runny, nast fouled, bloody stuff and the bases.  But the main colors are laid in.  That brings me to 20 plaguebearers, which is NOT divisible by 7. Since we can't have that... I aquired this guy.


He'll need some green stuff here and there to make him suitably gross. I'm not sold on the dragging entrails, so that might need a re-do. But he'll be sufficiently cool.  I really DO need to fight the urge to get another 20 or so of these guys. While painting this lot, my conversionitis was flairing up badly.

AND, yes... thanks to Zzzzzz, I'm drawing up a couple cartoon plaguebearers, because they are just too much fun. Stay tuned for those.

Cheers ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work, man! Those are looking disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha. Good luck explaining plaguebearers to small people.

    Jus' lucky they're not deamonettes....

    ReplyDelete