Tuesday, May 2, 2017

STAY-CATION!

Finally! I took a week off. Originally, the plan was to remodel/paint the master bathroom and the front entry way.  Plans change and the wife encouraged me to get after the art room like I have been wanting to for about a year now, I still cleaned out the garage and even took a couple days to hop the ponds and give their residents some exercise, like this guy. And I got My Website up and running. Overall, its been a much needed time to recharge and redirect my energy after deciding to go back to just one part-time job as well as trying to make some $$ as an artist.


 Now, like anyone trying to play an adult, I have my own office.  Well, I had one before, though it was "officially" Jim's Hobby and storage room.  Now its a clean, two work station office for miniatures and artwork. A fortress of solitude... as it should be.  It may not look all that bad (since I forgot to take "before " pictures), but 6 big black trash bags and several pieces of furniture moved in and out later, its about 90% done.  All that remains is the tedium of sorting through various kits in bags and bitz I have as well as organizing my fishing tackle.


 Still need to hang some artwork on those bare walls. The room does suffer from the "this used to be a kinda girly spare bedroom" look with the Peach dresser of DOOOOooooooooom and such. Inside that dresser is pure evil, though All the sorting I need to do lays there and I'm sure it will eventually lead to two more garbage bags and some more space for and eventual organized catalog of bitz and spare parts, some of which date back to last century


The dual work area, from the art side. Space for computer art (still have to scan at my main desktop pc though), traditional art and book reading.  I DO need a better chair there eventually. Its my plan for birthday/christmas time. ;)


A better look at the hobby desk. Ms Charlotte is waiting impatiently for some more love. I'll actually get some painting time in tonight.  I did get a few minis primed.  Since Games Workshop is about to drop 8th Edition (which I'm almost excited about, though I still doubt I'll actually be playing) I'm holding off on any big miniature organizational plans and plodding along with the "finish what you've started" plan.  I'm assuming, other than adding a few minis here and there, GW won't change things like the basic Guard infantry platoon organization or the 10 man space marine squad, so any immediate painting strategies I have are safe. Assuming that to be true.  As for the blog.....


.....this is about half of the miniatures I have to build. This humble blog will not be going anywhere for quite some time.
Top shelf: primers and junk.
Shelf 2: Chaos and things that will be chaos.
Shelf 3: My long neglected Orks, plus a couple boxed sets. Bottom: Scale models forconversion or just building. Some Tyranids and Necrons.  The shoe boxes are bits, aftermarket stuff , bagged models and clam packs and that amorphous two drawed white organizer in the foreground is literally full of Space Marines..... and there's more in the ugly Muave/Peach Dresser of DOOOooooooooom.

FWIW, I Am taking on a limited number of commissions, if anyone is interested. For details, Check out the page on my O-fficial website and drop me a line.

Lots to work on. I have to replace a window in there tomorrow, which was taken out by a golfer last fall, but its definitely going to be a nice environment to work in. Management has told me I DO need one cat bed, at least and or a small piece of cat furniture, because two of the feline denizens of the house do not trust me to work by myself. Compared to there barely being enough room to walk without stepping over or around something before.  I'm really happy with the fruits of my staycation. Now, I'll shut up and get back to drawing , building and painting. ;)

Cheers Yall.

8 comments:

  1. Yay for the pile of grey shame! I have one, too. I'll post a photo of mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying them takes minutes, building and painting them..... well....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I laugh at your puny pile of shame. Now if that pink ("mauve" ?! nice try, buddy) dresser is full of sprues with half of the bits used then that'd really be something.

    And we all know it doesn't matter where you put a cat bed, they'll want to sit on whatever you're working on, but only whilst its wet, half done or on the edge of the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wife corrected me, its "peach". It is an orangy pink

      Delete
  4. Except for two drawers of fishing tackle, that is exactly what is in the Mauve dresser of DOOoooooooooom.

    As for the cat, the one that comes in the most would more likely go in a box than a cat bed. Or just spawl out in the middle of the traffic lane so I have to step over her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cats and miniatures and computers. Best of luck there. Phoebe the cat loves both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is too fat, she'll just lay on the floor so I have to step over her to get up from the desk. My other one likes to get next to my feet under the desk. Which freaks me out sometimes when I forget she's there. They are all seniors. If we end up with a kitten someday, that's a whole other story. :)

    ReplyDelete