Saturday, July 22, 2017

August Arena Challenge: Painting has begun.

Last night's painting session was fruitful. It was extended because my dog popped a stitch and I was up a few extra hours.


The skin is mostly done.  Some more detailing and a highlight or two to be done, but for the most part the colors are layed in. The stomach and contents are still in progress, but coming along nicely. I think the next step will be blocking in the armor and non-skin bits, then see what areas i need to highlight and such.

On a side note, I've been skulking around Facebook lately checking out some of the 40k pages.  The commentary I could write on not just the social media aspect of the hobby, but the hobby itself could go on for pages.  But just like everyone else, its just an opinion.... and I do my best not to bog down the blog with my opinions on such things.

Maybe I'm just an old dinosaur, but one thing I'm continually struck by is how some communities can come down on people for painting their models the way they want to/making up their own warband/chapter/etc. Unless I've missed something, I thought that is what the hobby is all about. Its a big fictional universe out there, folks. Enjoy your hobby, paint how you want to paint, convert how you want to convert.

On the other hand, I have to say Bolter & Chainsword is my favorite community so far. Constructive criticism and good folks.

Cheers ya'll!

1 comment: