Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The Traitor-bolt

Working on the Traitor-bolt fighter has begun in earnest. 

 The basic fuselage and where the engines come from....





After a bunch of chopping, filing and cursing, here's an idea of what direction the project is going....




Dryfit.Dryfit.Dryfit.  That's the key to this sort of seat-of-the-pants, orky mek kind of converting. :) 

I had to decide if I wanted to go with a full deamon engine or just a corrupted pilot.  Though some of my tanks have long since eaten/bonded with their crews, I thought since the T-bolt still looked like a plane I'd make the pilot still a plug-in kind of guy.




Had to paint this guy before getting the fuselage together, so I wanted him to look a good deal like my Traitor guard guys.


 And next its on to fitting the fuselage together, gluing in the engines and then beginning the "grimdarking" of the fuselage and engine housing.

Cheers y'all!!




Monday, May 20, 2019

Plague Marine 2.0

I finished the test marine and I'm definitely going ahead with the scheme for the army.  I think he turned out really good.




Cheers y'all!

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Test Marine

SO, I blocked a Plague Marine to test my new paint scheme.  While there are still many details to be done, here's the carapace vs the lighter tones and I have to say, I'm in love with it.




As for the next big conversion/kitbash project...... I've been proxying a Thunderbolt fighter in my games with great success. So I figured it was time to build a Nurgly Heretic Thunderbolt..... from a Thunderbolt.


Its an old kit a buddy of mine sent me ....right after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer... so its a bit bittersweet, but he sent me 8 kits, the better ones I'll be building as "serious" scale models, the older kits will work their way into my warhammer armies.  The mold for this kit is one year older than I am, from 1967!!  But, along with corpsified pilot that is now part of the plane and a bunch of other stuff, I'm going to thin down the rear fuselage and put in two rather gnarly engines....


So, this should be fun and a nice little challenge to my engineering skills.  Stay tuned.

Cheers Ya'll!

Monday, May 6, 2019

The Fleshmower and a Big Decision

First, the decision. I've finally settled on a paint scheme for my Deathguard.  Exhibit 1... the Heresy era scheme....


Imagine , if you will, a negative of this scheme. The White ceramite would be irridescent black/green- like on a fly carapace. The green and dark ceramite would be bone/dirty white, the metal trim- rusted Iron.  So that's the plan. Test marine to follow.

Exhibit 2:  A bit of carapace fun with our buddy the Fleshmower and Colorshift paints from Greenstuff World. 


Looking at it straight on, it just looks like black-ish. Turn it in the light and the magic happens.



A little bit closer with more intense light....


The plan for damaged areas is a brown based scar. Sort of like the scratches on this old boy....


It'll be weathered and dirty. Suitably, nurgly.  But... finally, I'm excited about a scheme with these guys, especially since the bulk of my hobby related time this last month has been spent stripping miniatures.

Cheers ya'll!!!